Data Recovery FAQ
Data Recovery FAQ
There are many companies that do web-design. What sets us apart is:
- We charge by the project, not by the hour. You’ll always know costs ahead of time.
- We have unprecedentedly low prices, and no surprise fees.
- Because we take the time to get to know you and your company, we create unique, effective solutions that are tailored specifically for you.
- We won’t keep you waiting. We have a very reasonable turn-around time, and rush orders are available for emergency projects.
- We have a personal touch, and we’re big on customer satisfaction.
- We are a U.S. company, with U.S. employees.
- We provide long term benefits. We’re not just here to create your website, we’re here to help your business prosper.
- Brainy Beaver is truly a one-stop shop. We have experts in both design and marketing that can guide you in every step from creation to implementation.
To prevent further data loss, immediately power down the device, and unplug it from its power source (or remove its battery). Any further use of the device could result in additional damage to your data.
Next, call us for a fast, free consultation with a data recovery expert who will answer your questions, and determine what type of recovery will be required. Phone consultations are free.
An in-person consultation (that includes Pickup/Delivery Service) is available in northern NJ for $110 + tax.
Most likely, yes! There are many reasons a computer might not turn on, and the hard drive is only one of them. Our fast, free diagnostic will determine if your hard drive has suffered damage.
If there is no damage to the drive, you will not need data recovery, but data migration. Data migration is a less expensive service, and will transfer the data from your dead computer to a working PC or drive.
We work with all brands & styles of computers, tablets, phones, cameras, drives, electronic devices, USB devices, SD cards, memory cards, CDs, and DVDs.
We’ve recovered data from all types of disasters, including:
• Dead Computers & USB Drives: Retrieve files from drives or computers that no longer turn on.
• Deleted Files: Get back accidentally deleted files from a computer, drive or device.
• Corrupted Files / Windows Errors: Blue Screen, Virus, Spyware, or Malware related data loss.
• Catastrophic Failure: Drives found after floods, fires, tornadoes, crashes, etc.
• Physically Damaged: Banged, crushed, dropped, cleaved & impaled drives.
• Electronic Failure: Occurs when a drive’s electrical circuits have failed.
• Mechanical Failure: Occurs when internal parts fail to move properly.
Diagnostics are free, and no billable services will be performed without your prior approval. After diagnostics, we will contact you by phone with a flat-rate quote for your recovery. You’ll have the option to proceed with the recovery, or decline further services.
If you decide to move forward, payment (via cash, check, PayPal, or credit card) will be due in advance of recovery services. Once payment has cleared, we will begin the recovery attempt.
If you decline services you will not be charged, though if you wish us to return your device and/or accessories, you will be responsible only for the cost of return shipping.
Yes, if you describe the symptoms you are experiencing to your technician during your free phone consultation, they should be able to provide an estimate with reasonable accuracy.
If you decide to mail in your drive for a guaranteed flat-rate quote, our diagnostics are free and no billable services will be performed without your prior approval.
Our “No Data – No Fee Guarantee!” refers to our policy that if no “user data” is able to be recovered from your device, then Brainy Beaver will not charge you for the attempt.
“User data” refers to files (like pictures or documents) that had been created by you (or the computer user), whereas a “system file” is a file that was automatically created by the device (or a program on the device), such as program files, windows files, temp files, etc.
Our guarantee applies if we are unable to recover any user data from the device. If no user data was recovered, you will be refunded the full amount for the recovery attempt.
In the case of a partial recovery, if any of the recovered files are found to be user data the recovery will be considered successful, and the “No Data – No Fee Guarantee!” will not apply. In either scenario, the customer is responsible for any shipping costs.
Brainy Beaver may need to collect, process, utilize, and store your data during the course of service, including passwords, PINs, usernames, logins, credit cards, and other personal information that may be considered confidential and/or proprietary.
Confidential information in the possession of Brainy Beaver will be used for no other purpose than to assist in data recovery. At no time will Brainy Beaver use any confidential information obtained from your device or data for personal benefit, nor will they disclose or communicate your information to any third party. This policy continues to be effective even after the completion of a recovery.
Brainy Beaver will retain a backup copy of your recovered data for up to sixty (60) days in case of emergency. During this period, Brainy Beaver will answer any questions concerning the recovered data and provide additional copies if requested.
After sixty (60) days, all data will be securely and permanently erased. Under no circumstance will Brainy Beaver retain (or permanently copy) any information correlated with this data recovery.
It is impossible to predict how long a data recovery will take, due to influencing factors such as: the extent of damage to the device, the availability of replacement parts, the amount of data on the device, and the storage capacity of the drive, but all reasonable efforts shall be made to complete your recovery in a timely manner, and to keep you informed of any complications.
No rush service is available for data recovery.
You can mail us your drive or device for a free diagnostic, or if you live in northern NJ, we can come to you.
If you choose the mail-in recovery option, though the diagnostic is free, you will be responsible for all shipping costs. This includes the cost to ship your device and accessories to Brainy Beaver, as well as the cost of return shipping for your recovered data, device, and accessories.
We will send any return shipments to you via USPS. You may choose your own delivery options, including shipping speed, shipping insurance, package tracking, and signature requirements.
If you live in northern NJ, for $110 + tax a technician will visit your home or office to answer your questions, perform your initial consultation, transport your device and accessories to our recovery facility, and deliver your device, accessories and recovered data back to you upon completion of service.
This fee is separate from the cost of data recovery services, and is non-refundable upon completion of the initial consultation, even if you decline recovery service after diagnostics, or your recovery attempt is unsuccessful.
We recommend choosing a shipping method that includes insurance and tracking information. To minimize the risk of damage, we recommend following these packaging instructions.
1. Use a corrugated cardboard shipping box that is at least twice the size of your drive or device.
2. Individually wrap your drive or device, as well as any other included items, in bubble wrap.
3. Ensure at least three inches of padding covers the sides and edges of all included items.
4. Be certain the padding is secured (use tape if necessary) and won’t slip off during shipment.
5. Place the securely wrapped items inside your shipping box.
6. Write your name, address, and phone number on a piece of paper, and include it in the box.
7. Add bubble wrap to fill any empty space until all items are completely immobile inside the box.
8. Be certain not to use packing peanuts! They carry static electricity that can damage your drive.
9. Once all items are completely secured inside the box, seal the box closed with packing tape.
10. On all six sides, use a permanent marker to write the word “FRAGILE”.
11. Fill out your return shipping address, then ship your package to:
Brainy Beaver Data Recovery
370 W Pleasantview Ave
Hackensack, NJ 07601
We are normally able to complete diagnostics and provide a guaranteed quote for your recovery within 48 hours of arrival at our facilities. This timeframe cannot be guaranteed, however, as devices with extensive damage will require significantly more time to diagnose.
Successful recoveries will require a new drive or device to hold the recovered data. You are given the option to provide or purchase one of the following:
• USB Thumb Drive
• USB External Hard Drive
• Replacement Computer (Tablet, Phone, etc.)
Once recovered data has been transferred to the new drive or device we will return your device, accessories, and data to you in the manner of your choosing.
If you have chosen the mail-in recovery option, we will send your device, accessories, and data to you via USPS. You will choose your own delivery options, including shipping speed, shipping insurance, package tracking, and signature requirements. You are responsible for all shipping costs.
Brainy Beaver is not responsible for any data, device, or accessory that is lost or damaged during transit, though we retain a backup copy of your recovered data for up to 60 days in case of emergency.
If you have chosen the pickup/delivery option, we will schedule a time to dispatch your technician to your home or office to deliver your device, accessories, and data.
Supplemental on-site services, such as data migration, virus scans, new pc setup, etc. are not included in the pickup/delivery fee, but may be purchased at this time at our standard rate of $75 per hour + tax.
Yes. We have the ability to bypass or remove passwords to access locked drives and devices.
For us to provide this service, you must be able to provide proof of ownership for all devices, accessories, information, and data you provide to Brainy Beaver for the purposes of recovery.
You will be responsible for any costs, or legal fees awarded against Brainy Beaver as a result of a breach of this agreement.
No, don’t worry. Recovery costs are not impacted by the size or capacity of your drive.
Rather than recovering software that is potentially corrupted, we typically install a new copy of the program using downloadable setup files. If you’ve lost a software license or product key we can help recover these from your device.
Forensic data recovery is a specific type of data recovery which is used for legal purposes in court proceedings for criminal or civil investigations.
If you require forensic data recovery, we have the tools and experts to help, but you’ll need to let your technician know your intentions during the initial consultation.
<span style=”color: #ffffff;”><a style=”color: #ffffff;” href=”tel:1-973-216-3666″>(973) 216-3666</a></span>
<span style=”color: #ffffff;”><a style=”color: #ffffff;” href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>email@example.com</a></span>