Mail-In Data Recovery Service:
Diagnostic are free, but you are responsible for the cost to ship your media to Brainy Beaver, as well as the cost of return shipping for your recovered data, device, and accessories.
* We will send any return shipments to you via USPS. You may choose your own delivery options, including shipping speed, shipping insurance, package tracking, and signature requirements.
* Brainy Beaver is not responsible for any data, device, or accessory that is lost or damaged during transit, though we retain a backup copy of your recovered data for up to 60 days in case of emergency.
We recommend choosing a shipping method that includes insurance and tracking information. To minimize the risk of damage, we recommend following these packaging instructions.
- Use a corrugated cardboard shipping box that is at least twice the size of your drive or device.
- Individually wrap your drive or device, as well as any other included items, in bubble wrap.
- Ensure at least three inches of padding covers the sides and edges of all included items.
- Be certain the padding is secured (use tape if necessary) and won’t slip off during shipment.
- Place the securely wrapped items inside your shipping box.
- Write your name, address, and phone number on a piece of paper, and include it in the box.
- Add bubble wrap to fill any empty space until all items are completely immobile inside the box.
- Be certain not to use packing peanuts! They carry static electricity that can damage your drive.
- Once all items are completely secured inside the box, seal the box closed with packing tape.
- On all six sides, use a permanent marker to write the word “FRAGILE”.
- Fill out your return shipping address, then ship your package to: